Now that you know the story behind these Magic Bars, let’s make some! Do you know what I love about this dessert? They are not like traditional cookies – you don’t have to bake them in small batches, you can just throw everything in the pan at once, and in 30 minutes you have oooeeeyyy gooeeeyyy goodness!
– 2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs or butter cookies ground to crumbs
– ½ cup melted butter
– 1 can (14 oz or 400 g) sweetened condensed milk
– 1 cup (250 g) milk chocolate chips
– 1 cup (250 g) peanut butter chips
– 1 cup (250 g) white chocolate chips
– 1 cup (250 g) flaked coconut
1. Heat your oven to 350°F or 180°C.
2. Place baking paper or tin foil in a 13 x 9 pan. Add the butter to a pot, and heat on the stove until melted. Once the butter is melted, add your crumbs and mix well until all crumbs are mixed with the butter. Then, press the crumbs down into the baking pan to form a crust.
3. Pour ¼ can of condensed milk over the crust.
4. Then, add the chocolate chips.
5. Next, add the peanut butter chips.
6. Now, add your white chocolate chips.
7. Lastly, add your coconut flakes and pour the remainder of condensed milk over the top.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the milk starts to turn golden brown.
9. Let the bars cool. Then, lift the bars from the wax paper/tin foil, and voila! You have no mess, and you can now cut the bars into perfect little squares for everyone to enjoy!
*For my European friends who do not have peanut butter chips, I buy bars of baking chocolate and cut them into cubes. You can use dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even Milka bars.
Note — You can also add anything you want to these bars: nuts, dried fruit, or whatever suits your fancy!
I hope you enjoy these Magic Bars! They are great for special occasions, holidays, or whenever you’re in the mood for something sweet! To read the story about how I got roped into making these, click here –> Conspiracy Cookies
Again, thank you for reading our crazy Baskets Life. Until next time!