We lived in Europe for over 10 years, and my kids and their friends would always ask me to make these sweet treats. For my kids the Magic Cookie Bars, were a reminder of home. My kids European friends had never had anything like this so they were always asking me to make them. So here is the recipe from my mom; let’s make some!
Do you know what I love about this dessert? They are not like traditional cookies – you don’t have to bake them in small batches, you can just throw everything in the pan at once, and in 30 minutes you have oooeeeyyy gooeeeyyy goodness!
- 2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs or butter cookies ground to crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 can (14 oz or 400 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (250 g) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 g) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (250 g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 g) flaked coconut
Heat your oven Place baking paper or tin foil in a 13 x 9 pan. Add the butter to a pot, and heat on the stove until melted. Once the butter is melted, add your crumbs and mix well until all crumbs are mixed with the butter. Then, press the crumbs down into the baking pan to form a crust.
Mix the crumbs and press down to form a crust.
Pour ¼ can of condensed milk over the crust.
Add the chocolate chips.
Next, add the peanut butter chips.
Now, add your white chocolate chips.
Lastly, add your coconut flakes and pour the remainder of condensed milk over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the milk starts to turn golden brown.
Finished product - OH YUM!
9. Let the bars cool. Then, lift the bars from the wax paper/tin foil, and voila! You have no mess, and you can now cut the bars into perfect little squares for everyone to enjoy!