We love Spain! It is one of our all-time favorite destinations. I am forever looking for fun and exciting things to do with the kids while in Spain, and at a beach destination. Here are five awesome sights for your kids in Tenerife, Spain.
- The beaches – Tenerife has some really beautiful beaches. There are too many to count; just check the calmness of the water for the age of your kids. Some are big time surfing spots like Playa de Benijo or super calm water for your little ones at La Vista Beach. One thing my kids think is really cool are the water buggy boats that you can rent on the beach. Many of the beaches have cool kids clubs where the kids can be supervised and make some new friends while on vacation – this gives us parents a nice little break, too.
- Teide National Park, with its beautiful volcanic rock formations and its cable car ride to the top of the mountain, offers a super fun day of hiking for your energetic family. The view is to die for and is actually the highest peak in all of Spain. You can go alone or book a tour. Don’t forget your walking shoes and some sunscreen.
- Mar De Ons whale and dolphin-spotting boat ride. Not only do you get to take an awesome boat ride, but with a little luck you will see family of dolphins, a group of whales, and some amazing sea life. This, of course, was one of our favorite things to do!
- Siam Water Kingdom – My kids are always up for a water park and this one does not disappoint; luckily, there are no creatures in the water for your smaller ones. The park has everything from enormous drop slides to a calm pool and relaxing cabana type restaurants. This is a great place for all ages and will wear out those over-active bodies so you can have a glass of Sangria at sunset.
- Paisaje Lunar (meaning moon passage) – How about a walk on the moon while in Tenerife? If you take a drive out to Paisaje Lunar, you will feel as if you have been transported to the moon. This unique location of volcanic landscapes looks and feels as if you just stepped out of a spaceship. For your little and teen imaginations, this is a great day trip. The walk can be long and hot so make sure you take plenty of water and sunscreen.
As all of our trips with kids, give the kids a great list of things to do, let them pick a few items, and have them tell you why they want to see it. Then everyone gets to have their own special day, and kids always have more fun when they are part of the planning.
Hasta la vista, and enjoy Tenerife, Spain. If you know of something that is amazing to do with the kids, and you think we left it out, please leave us a comment below to let us know your best choices.
Images provided by Thomson Flights